Wednesday, February 15, 2012
I don't know about you,
but I don't have much in the way of
St. Patrick's Day holiday decor.
And I wanted some.
So, this is what I came up with.
Introducing: The Lucky Wreath
All you need is:
foam pipe insulation {found at Lowes here}
duct tape {found in my husbands tool box}
a hot glue gun {if you don't have one, buy one!}
six assorted colors of felt fabric {found at Joann or any fabric store}
sewing machine {best purchase of my life!}
ribbon, felt shamrocks & foam letters {also found at Joann}
Using scissors, cut the foam pipe insulation
to the size of your liking {mine was about a yard}
and then tape the ends together to form a large circle.
{so much less expensive than a wreath form found at the craft store!}
Cut eight 2 x 6 inch strips of each color felt fabric.
Using your sewing machine, sew the strips in half along the long side
{the entire strip will need to wrap around the wreath form}
and set aside.
Using your glue gun, start with your first color of fabric
and wrap it around the wreath form, adhering it with glue in the back.
You will find that if you allow the fabric
to bend with the shape of the wreath form,
the ends will come together at the back at an angle - this is okay
just make sure they all are angled the same way
as you put your wreath together.
Repeat until all of your fabric strips are used
and your wreath is fully covered
{obviously, if you want a bigger wreath
you will need to accommodate with more fabric
and possibly bigger pieces, but that's entirely up to you}
Now, cut a piece of ribbon the width of your wreath
at it's widest point making sure to add enough length
so you can glue the ends of the ribbon to the back of the wreath, out of sight
Peel and stick your foam letters onto your felt shamrock shapes
and then glue completed shamrocks to the ribbon across your wreath.
Tie another piece of ribbon to the top to allow for hanging and you're done!
This one does take a bit longer and
you'll have to adjust your fabric strips a little as you go
{using these measurements they should match up just about right to go all the way around},
but the finished product is certainly worth the effort!
Enjoy!
Labels: Crafts, St. Patrick's Day, Tutorials
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Love this! I love how on top of things you are. I didn't even get out my V day decor this year. Ughhhh. Love this wreath! Im sure it's looking great on your door.
How fun is this wreath!! I love it! I am stopping by from WhipperBerry and would love if you would visit me too!!
Amanda
everycreativeendeavor.com
OH my goodness, this is gorgeous! I'm a fan of bright colors so this is right up my alley! And your blog is fantastic! I've never seen one that's curved like this! Really love it! I'd love it if you shared it at my party! http://www.aturtleslifeforme.com/2012/02/share-wow-wednesday-giveaway.html
This is adorable! So bright and cheerful, just what we need for this time of year! Would you consider sharing it here?
http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/shine-on-fridays-15-and-some-fabulous.html
So pretty. Love all the colour!
What a bright and colorful wreath for St. Patrick's Day! Would you be willing to link up your project to my Springtime Holiday Link Party going on now? I'd love to have you! Thanks, Michelle
http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/02/springtime-holiday-link-party.html
Super cute! I'm thinking of a rainbow theme for my daughter' first birthday party. This would be a great addition! I'll be pinning it.
I love it!
Marcia :)
Wow! So easy, looks amazing - thanks for sharing!
Following you now.
This is delightful! I'm sharing in a 5 for Friday ~ St. Patrick's Day Wreaths Roundup on my blog today, including one pic and a link back to this post. So charming and fun!
Post a Comment